1.5

Installer forgot that there was supposed to be a non slip mat installed under the refinish after putting on an initial coat so he put the mat down and sprayed another coat. Things worked fine for 4 years 7 months and then started peeling around side of mat on bottom. Then it got worse and mat peeled off. Charlie said he wanted to see pictures before talking about scheduling work. After sending him pictures he said "1. The tub has been destroyed due to; I don't know what. 2. This kind of damage is NOT covered.

3. The tub will probably need to be stripped.

4. You are looking at about $200 to strip and redo it."

I called SOMEONE ELSE to do redo that tub and another tub that needed work. They are all about same price and offer 5 year warranty.

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $399. The author is overall dissatisfied with Eastern Refinishing. The most disappointing about bathtub reglazing from Eastern Refinishing was lousy customer service and false advertising Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Eastern Refinishing.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare Eastern Refinishing to other companies on our site.

Comments

I didn't even have anything done by this company, and I am beyond frustrated and angry. Now I'm thinking it was a blessing in disguise.

First I had to have a lengthy discussion with the now retired owner, Charlie Gayler about everything under the sun not related to getting an estimate. Then a very nice Greg Fowler shows up, pretending to give us an estimate. We never heard from him again. Repeated calls to the new owner, Tom Cavileer we met with repeated promises of follow up calls back to me.

I've dealt with contractors like this, who blow you off without a call or estimate.

But I never expected this from a COMPANY.

This place SUCKS. Count yourself lucky if you've read this first before deciding to use them.

Please post this information on yelp!

to Anonymous #1110492

I just used the same company and tub came out great for half th price. I love the job.